Re: [AUCTeX] Re: how to access functionality in beamer.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: how to access functionality in beamer.el
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:12:46 +0100

* Rajarshi Guha (2006-03-06) writes:

> I've placed the contents of the *Messages* buffer at
> http://blue.chem.psu.edu/~rajarshi/messages.txt and my ~/.emacs  at
> http://blue.chem.psu.edu/~rajarshi/dotemacs.txt

>From the .emacs file:

| (eval-after-load "tex"
|   '(TeX-add-style-hook "beamer" 'my-beamer-mode))

This prevents that the beamer.el coming with AUCTeX is being loaded
(see <URL:http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden>).  Sorry, I
wasn't aware of that when I proposed this code.

You better use the suggestion in the article referenced above or put
the (TeX-add-style-hook "beamer" 'my-beamer-mode) call into a separate
beamer.el file which can be saved in the directory given in
`TeX-style-private'.  I'd prefer the latter solution because it is
less of a hack.