Re: [AUCTeX] Re: configure fails because it can't run find GhostScript

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: configure fails because it can't run find GhostScript
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:38:52 +0100

Olivier Lefevre <address@hidden> writes:

>> The path I gave is correct and if I enter it at the command line
>> emacs does come up yet configure claims it can't run the thing, so I
>> am totally confused.
>
> Using emacs.exe instead of runemacs.exe works, though. However now
> there is another problem: configure looks for GSWIN32C.EXE but there
> is no option to point it to the correct location.

>From INSTALL.windows:

     Some executables might not be found in your path.  That is not a
     good idea, but you can get around by specifying environment
     variables to `configure':
          GS="DRIVE:/PATH/TO/GSWIN32C.EXE" ./configure ...
     should work for this purpose.  `gswin32c.exe' is the usual name for
     the required _command line_ executable under Windows; in contrast,
     `gswin32.exe' is likely to fail.