Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:24:49 +0100

nusret <address@hidden> writes:

>> There was a
>> problem
>> > with postscript: it assumes 'gs' is your
>> executable,
>>
>> Ralf?  This surprises me somewhat.
>
>> > but it's 'gsview32c.exe'.
>
> I first thought "the damn thing is not working!", but
> with some effort and skimping the manual, tried that
> and it worked ;-)

Ok, if you used the standard XEmacs package, it is not tailored for
Windows out of the box.  And the tailoring for Windows does not
include a GhostScript override, I guess.

Maybe we should add one? (Cc and followup to auctex-devel).

> I guess it has nothing to do with AUCTeX team, but I
> just checked my Xemacs, and it doesn't list "desktop"
> package even in installable packages (whatever that
> desktop package is: its name is not suggestive to me
> at all..)

I wanted to quote the relevant part of the documentation at you, but
it appears that there is no such thing.

I think it is part of the edit-utils package for XEmacs.

> Anyways, I fell in love with preview-latex :-).

It has been reported to happen on occasion.