Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Dollar signs ($) in Verbatim environments confuse aucte

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Dollar signs ($) in Verbatim environments confuse auctex
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:16:36 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Deling Ren (2006-04-11) writes:
>
>> I have some stuffs enclosed in a "Verbatim" environment (from
>> fancyvrb package) containing a dollar sign. It seems that auctex gets
>> confused and regards everything after the $ as math mode. But
>> "verbatim" doesn't seem to have such problems. Any idea how to get
>> around it? It's a little annoying. Thank you.
>
> That's described in (info "(auctex)Font Locking").
>
> M-x customize-variable RET LaTeX-verbatim-environments RET
>
> You could also create a style file.  style/alltt.el might serve as a
> template.

Maybe we should put in our TODO file the goal to support all packages
belonging to a core LaTeX distribution, base, tools, graphics, and
what might else be involved?  Not that fancyvrb would be among that
set, but the idea just struck me.  Seems like an attainable goal and a
nice project for some determined helper.