Re: [AUCTeX] Re: installation of emacs+auctex did not work

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: installation of emacs+auctex did not work
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:50:47 +0200

Brian Bucher <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried installing with many other methods, none of them relevant to
> the RELEASE document I mentioned.  That is, installing using MSYS,
> trying Emacs (not Xemacs).  It was just a general comment, and I had
> been reading the instructions.

Which version of Emacs?  If the installation instructions for the
tarball fail, a report would be very welcome.  The precompiled Emacs
for Windows is not supposed to substitute correct instructions, but is
merely offered as a convenience.

> Thank you for your response.  I needed a few pointers to let me know
> that I actually had it installed correctly, I just had a
> misunderstanding about the nature of preview.

Well, it is sort of an uncommon concept.  You can try it out with
circ.tex accompanying the distribution somewhere.