Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:00:15 +0200

Nikos Apostolakis <address@hidden> writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Do you have parsing enabled as described on the first page of
>> AUCTeX's manual?
>
> It turns out I didn't.  I'm using mainly the Debian emacs-snapshot
> package and for some reason the parsing was not enabled by default,
> (although I thought it was).
>
>> Then AUCTeX should load the file by itself as long as it can be
>> found as a style file (see `C-h v TeX-style-private RET'; the
>> description is a bit misleading, it's really a location for Elisp
>> files) and the document can be parsed correctly.
>
> That's exactly the info I needed.  Thank you very much, you've been
> very helpful throughout this thread!
>
> BTW, are there any plans for auctex to ``officially'' support for
> more packages?

There is no official support for anything.  AUCTeX's number of active
developers is tiny.  The todo list is growing rather than diminishing.
If you want more packages supported, contribute the support.  Or tell
the developer list what exactly you would need.  It might convince
somebody to do the work.