Re: [AUCTeX] Integrate latexmk into auctex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Integrate latexmk into auctex
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:58:40 +0200

* Sebastian Schubert (2006-06-17) writes:

> I'd like to use latexmk with auctex. Therefore, I would like to put it into
> Tex Command List (via customize).
>
> Name: all
> Command: latexmk %t
> How: Tex-run-Tex
>
> works but I would like to have some features. Setting pdflatex mode should
> add a -pdf. I tried %(PDF) but where to get a "-"?

You could add your own entry to `TeX-expand-list' by looking at how
"%(PDF)" is defined and use it with your latexmk call.  Something like
this should do the trick:

(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(add-to-list 'TeX-expand-list
                '("%(-pdf)" (lambda ()
                              (if (and (not TeX-Omega-mode)
                                       (or TeX-PDF-mode
                                           TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX))
                                  "-pdf"
                                "")))))

Note that you could customize `TeX-expand-list', but using
`add-to-list' has the advantage that it does not overwrite the default
value of `TeX-expand-list' which could change over time.

> Is there a documentation
> for all the Command options available?

Unfortunately not.

> Is it possible (ok this is emacs, so
> how is it possible) to set the Command C-c C-c all to eg F6?

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "<f6>") 'TeX-command-master)))

Use `TeX-mode-hook' instead of `LaTeX-mode-hook' if you want to enable
this for all AUCTeX modes, not just for LaTeX mode.

Regarding key bindings, see also (info "(emacs)Key Bindings") and
(info "(elisp)Key Binding Commands").