[AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling

From: Shanks N
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:05:31 +0530

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Shanks N. (2006-09-27) writes:

I recently installed cygwinized tetex 3.x series on my LAPTOP. I have not made any changes to the texmf.cnf. When I install packages in /usr/local/share/texmf/latex/, run texhash and then try to use it in auctex, it does NOT look in the local texmf tree.

Does it work if you run latex from the shell?  So I checked the following.

$ pdflatex.exe sas-coding-std.tex
! LaTeX Error: File `cooltooltips.sty' not found.

$ kpsewhich  --expand-braces \$TEXINPUTS

$ export TEXINPUTS=.:/usr/local/share/texmf//:${TEXINPUTS}

$ pdflatex.exe sas-coding-std.tex
cooltooltips.sty    2006/03/07 v1.0 Cool PDF tooltips
Output written on sas-coding-std.pdf (2 pages, 43427 bytes).
Transcript written on sas-coding-std.log.

$ kpsewhich  --expand-braces \$TEXMF

$ kpsewhich  --expand-braces \$TEXMFLOCAL

So it seems to work by setting the TEXINPUTS. Where in the texmf.cnf & what do I have to change to make the local tree transparently available? If it makes any difference, I don't have a .bashrc or ,bash_profile

$ echo $PATH
Files/ATI Technologies/ATI.ACE/:/usr/bin

I also upgraded to 11.83 and found that also didn't make a difference.