[AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling

From: Shanks N
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:25:35 +0530

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Shanks N. (2006-09-30) writes:

[...]

I doubt this is the right solution.  TEXMFLOCAL should be part of
TEXMF and therefore the above changes shouldn't be necessary.  In my
texmf.cnf TEXMF is defined as
TEXMF = {$TEXMFCONFIG,$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEX
MFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST}

Is this similar in your case?  In particular, is $TEXMFLOCAL
contained?  Does
kpsexpand \$TEXMF
list all relevant directories?

Yes,certainly not the correct solution; Yes and Yes. Which is why I mentioned that I don't have any bash init scripts in $HOME directory as I thought that MIGHT be relevant.

Apart from my changes, there is no change to the canonical .cnf file and
checking each of the vars of the cnf did not show any errors.

regards,
Shanks