[AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscript in suse 10

From: MrJ Man
Subject: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscript in suse 10
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:04:03 -0700 (PDT)

I am glad to report at least partial success! I added
a "clear" before executing the postscript file (i.e.
the format now is 'format " clear %s(r)file cvx"') and
everything works fine, apart from minor bugs that
probably reside in the original AUCTeX code (in two
cases I can reproducibly see the preview image and
latex code simultaneously side by side). My doubts in
the previous messages were based on the fact that
executing some of the postscript files returned an
empty stack (checked with the stack command), yet your
persistence made me check more of them so I found that
for some files it wasn't the case. Of course, the
above works only in "slow" mode, as I haven't found
out how to make the necessary changes for the "fast"
mode.

I think this change will not cause any side-effects,
as the stack should be empty when returning from the
generated postscript files.

I ought to apologize for being so stubborn about the
whole issue, but I hope  you will appreciate that I
find emacs, AUCTeX with preview (plus my latex-i18n
hack) as a latex code editing solution much superior
to anything else.

Regards