Re: [AUCTeX] How to chage the font size (for the equations) in the previ

From: sciencisto-auctex
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to chage the font size (for the equations) in the preview?
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:00:27 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> escribió:

> * address@hidden (2006-10-27) writes:
>
> > Excuse me if I didn't explain the subject very well, but my
> english
> > is not very well. I'll try to explain it a bit better: my problem
> is,
> > simply, that the equations appears too small (at least, so I
> think)
> > when I do a preview of them (for example with C-c C-p C-e at the
> > equation environment).
>
> Emacs on Windows does not always get the screen size right.  The
> effect of this is that previews become too small or distorted.
> Newer
> CVS Emacsen have options for setting the screen dimensions
> manually.
> That's why I asked for the information from `M-x preview-report-bug
> RET'.  Since you haven't provided this information I cannot judge
> if
> that's possible with your Emacs build.
>
> > I use sub- and super-scripts, and
> > sub-sub-scripts, and I must bring my face close to the monitor to
> see
> > them well. And so, my question was: is possible to get the
> equations
> > IN THE PREVIEW (that is, doing C-c C-p C-e, for example) bigger?
> That
> > is: is possible to increase the font size of the equations in the
> > preview, or this size is fixed and cannot be changed?
>
> You could customize `preview-scale-function' which is described in
> the
> manual, see (info "(preview-latex)The Emacs interface").  But that
> shouldn't be necessary because the font size in previews is
> calculated
> to match the font size of the default face you are using.  Unless,
> of
> course, Emacs cannot detect your screen dimensions properly ...
>
> --
> Ralf

THAT WORKED!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I have customized the variable "preview-scale-function" and the
problem have been solved. Thank you again.

I tried to find in the AUCTeX manual (C-c TAB) how to solve the
problem, but I didn't find anything (maybe I didn't know how to
search exactly what I was looking for). Then I searched in Google...
but I found anything. So I decided ask in this mailing list, as
mentioned in the first page of the AUCTeX manual.

Finally, I didn't copy here the output of "M-x preview-report-bug
RET" simply because I thought that you thought that I was talking
about a (possible) bug, but it isn't that (like I said in the
(for Windows) is that of  the precompiled bundle (that is, the
lastest one that can be gotten for windows, isn't is?).

Best regards,
Mihxael

=====
El ESPERANTO, la lengua internacional, fue creado en 1887 por el médico polaco
L. L. Zamenhof.
Info: http://www.esperanto.net
=====
Debian GNU/Linux: "La potencia definitiva del universo."
http://www.debian.org

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com