[AUCTeX] Beamer customizations

From: Ryan Krauss
Subject: [AUCTeX] Beamer customizations
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:09:34 -0600

I would like to have two things customized for my for using Auctex
with Beamer.  First, when the document class is Beamer, is there a way
to have the itemize environment default to
\begin{itemize}[<+-| address@hidden>]

Second, when in an itemize enviroment, after a line containing \item
blah, blah, blah, when I hit return it would be great if the next line
automatically indented to the same place and inserted a  \item .  Can
this be done?  Alternatively, would would I write a short lisp
function so that some hot key like alt-i would insert a correctly
indented \item ?

Thanks,

Ryan