Re: [AUCTeX] New version of Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windows available

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] New version of Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windows available
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:05:25 -0600

From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>

What did you try?

I noticed that the Emacs server didn't start since I didn't disable the GNU Server. They conflict with each other. Now it works. Thanks.

But it works only when the Emacs is currently open. If the Emacs was closed, it seems that the "inverse search" cannot open a new Emacs frame.

You can start it manually with `start-server'.  But AUCTeX will do
this automatically when necessary if TeX Source Specials mode is
enabled.

I put it into .emacs, so that it will not ask me whether to start the server when I try to view the dvi files.

--
Adam

Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with Live Search! http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline