Re: [AUCTeX] cvs2tex

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] cvs2tex
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 17:30:23 +0100

Andreas Roehler <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Exactly, sorry.

>>> Here an example:
>>>
>>> From addresses in a file as
>>>
>>> JOE,ANYONE,Nickname,Countrycode,Berlin,10407,ANYSTREET,0,...
>>>
>>> an address in tex shall be generated
>>>
>>> \address{JOE ANYONE\\
>>> ANYSTREET. 0 \\
>>> 10407 Berlin\\}
>>
>> It does not sound like describing accurately what you want to have
>> done, since more than one address will be in the file and it is not
>> likely that you want to get all \address lines after each other.
>
> Hmm, I wrote:
>
> "to read in separate addresses occasionally,
> specified by a regexp."
>
> What about something like
>
> extract an address from a csv-database into a tex letter form?

Could you write a minimal complete example document that would be
supposed to work as you want?

I still have no idea what tools are supposed to extract the addresses
and where they should be placed in what manner.

It may be a TeX programming problem that you have in mind, but then it
would make little sense asking on the AUCTeX list.  So I still have no
clue what tool you actually want to do what job on what input.