Re: [AUCTeX] Can't access the functionality in beamer.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Can't access the functionality in beamer.el
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:33:32 +0100

* Shunquan Tan (2006-12-12) writes:

> David, thanks for your reply.

Please don't top-post.  If you top-post you might get less responses.

> I check every paths in turn.(My master file is test_beamer.tex)

If your file is test_beamer.tex, the content of auto/test_beamer.el
does not match that file because it refers to test_beamer3.tex.  Did
you change something manually there?

> in the auto/ directory I can find test_beamer.el
>>>>>>>>>
> (TeX-add-style-hook "test_beamer3"
>  (lambda ()
>     (TeX-run-style-hooks
>      "latex2e"
>      "beamer10"
>      "beamer")))
>

> I think this file is ok.

Do you see something like
in the *Messages* buffer after loading test_beamer3.tex?  (BTW, is it
save to use underscores in file names with TeX?  I faintly remember
that this could cause trouble.  If it does, it is unrelated to the
problems with beamer.el, though.)

> the beamer.el is in /usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/auctex/style/. I
> copy beamer.el from the texmf-dist/doc/latex/beamer/emacs directory to there
> and recompile it. I find that everthing is the same after I restart emacs.

Of course it doesn't change anything, because copying the file to this
place doesn't serve any sensible purpose.