RE: [AUCTeX] a possible bug in auctex 11.84

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: RE: [AUCTeX] a possible bug in auctex 11.84
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:51:24 -0600

From: Antonio Carlos Siqueira de Lima <address@hidden>

Dear All,
I may have found a small bug in auctex 11.84.
I am running a p4 machine, with windows xp 64bits. Let´s say I have a file test.tex, after running latex if I call the view command instead of: dvips zsolo.dvi -o && start zsolo.ps I get dvips "zsolo.dvi" -o && "start zsolo.ps". The latter command works the problem appears to be when I call gs as
start "file.ps" gives me nothing.
In a prior installation of auctex using emacs+auctex-w32-2006-06-24.zip this type of problem did not occur.
Any thoughts?

I meet the same problem here for the new AUCTeX 11.84:

I defined an AUCTeX command, ReadPDF, to view my pdf using the Windows command "START" as follows:

(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
   '("ReadPDF" "start %s.pdf" TeX-run-command t nil))

In AUCTeX, the command was translated as:
  start "MyTest".pdf

However, the START command can only work as:
  start MyTest.pdf
without the quatation marks.

How can I solve this problem?  Thanks.

--