[AUCTeX] LaTeX math mode commands

From: juan mari alberdi
Subject: [AUCTeX] LaTeX math mode commands
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 21:31:53 +0100

Hello,

Thank you to Ralf and David, for the information they provide.

The AUCTeX reference card says that the math mode commands are under the prefix key '`'. How are those comands invoked? I've tried

\[
`a
\]

but I don't get the greek letter 'alpha'. I thought it would work in a similar way as when inserting an item with M-RET.

How should I AUCTeX type  the LaTeX math commands?

Thank you
Juan Alberdi