Re: [SPAM] Re: [AUCTeX] inserting dollars

From: juan mari alberdi
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [AUCTeX] inserting dollars
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:12:41 +0100

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* juan mari alberdi (2007-01-23) writes:

The following one, however, doesn't,

'... If you enter a dollar sign that matches a double dollar sign `$$' AUCTeX will automatically insert two dollar signs. If you enter a second dollar sign that matches a single dollar sign, the single dollar sign will automatically be converted to a double dollar sign...'

That behavior was disabled because double dollar insertion and removal
was asymmetric and because we don't want to encourage people inserting
double dollar signs in LaTeX files.  It can screw up spacing in the
typeset document.  Use \[...\] or displaymath environments instead.
You can reactivate the old behavior by customizing
`TeX-math-close-double-dollar'.  I'll update documentation to reflect
that.

Thank you for your reply.

I've activated 'TeX-math-close-double-dollar' and now the first part is OK, that is, if I open with a double dollar AUCTeX changes a closing single dollar to a double dollar. But the second part doesn't work, that is, if I open with a single dollar and close with a double dollar the opening single dollar does not change to a double dollar.

Juan Alberdi