Re: [AUCTeX] completion and indenting in the manual

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] completion and indenting in the manual
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:44:34 +0100

* juan mari alberdi (2007-01-25) writes:

> It seems that what I failed to understand is that the section "5.4
> Indenting" of the AUCTeX manual is all of it about indentation `in the
> body of an environment'. Outside an environment that section of the manual
> does not apply, so it seems. In fact, pressing the <TAB> key outside an
> environment removes, if any, all previous indentation.

Indentation applies not only to environments, but also to TeX groups.
The functionality also makes sure that the start and end of verbatim
and macrocode environments are indented properly and that items in an
itemize environment are negatively indented.  And all of the bells and
whistles work inside of comments as well, which is especially nice
when editing dtx files.