[AUCTeX] outine mode parsing

From: Ryan Krauss
Subject: [AUCTeX] outine mode parsing
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:03:31 -0600

I would like to use regular emacs outline mode to create an outline
for my lecture notes, but I would like to sprinkle in some latex math
commands and eventually print out the notes in beautiful latex form.
Has anyone written a script to parse emacs outline mode input to
latex?
In essence, I want to input:

* Main title
blah blah blah
** Subtitle
blah blah blah
*** Third level title
blah blah blah

and have it parsed to nested itemize or enumerate sections.

Has this already been done?  I guess auctex would make it not too much
worse to just write the latex directly, but it would be slightly
harder to read and I would be tempted to compile latex all the time as
I am creating it and that would end up sucking up a lot of time.

Ryan