[AUCTeX] Re: How to fix GS problem

From: Frederic Andres
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: How to fix GS problem
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:30:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hello!
I have the same problem  as the original poster (I also use Vista), yet,
I have added ghostcript to my Path. The thing is, I am not sure to do it
correctly: first, I have two Path
variables, one is a user variable (which I created), one is a system
variable.
I used to put everything in the user variable, is it correct?

Also, what is the path I should use? I still have a problem with that.
Indeed, say that my gswin32c.exe is here:
C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.53\bin.

Do I have to put this in my PATH?
Or C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.53\bin\gswin32c?

I have added the former both to my user PATH and my system PATH, and now when I
run a preview it says:
"gs: Interpreter revision (853) does not match gs_init.ps revision (707)".

What does it mean?