Re: [AUCTeX] apply (raise -0.3) on user-defined macro?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] apply (raise -0.3) on user-defined macro?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:22:39 +0200

* Joost Kremers (2007-09-05) writes:

> i have a user-defined latex macro \sbt which produces text-mode
> subscript. i've used the variable font-latex-user-keyword-classes to tell
> AUCTeX to fontify the argument of \sbt with font-latex-subscript-face.
>
> i was in fact aiming for the effect that AUCTeX produces for _ in
> math mode, but i found out that there is an additional display property
> (raise -0.3) added to the argument of _. is there a way to do the same with
> user-defined macros? i haven't been able to find anything in the
> customisation buffers, nor in the manual.

Currently raising or lowering is not possible by customizing any of the
keyword lists.  The regexp for finding content to be displayed as
subscript or superscript is hard-coded in `font-latex-match-script'.
You could possible tinker with font lock directly but I'd have to look
up as well how to do that.