Re: [AUCTeX] format region without auto-fill

From: Michael A. Gilchrist
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] format region without auto-fill
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:28:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi David,

Thanks. I was unaware of that command and it is good to know about. I think that using this and adding:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          '(lambda() ;; lambda seems to be a dummy variable.  not sure
             (auto-fill-mode 1) ;; turn on auto-fill
             (setq fill-column 1000) ;; set length of column used by auto fill

to my init.el file seems to do the trick.