Re: [AUCTeX] turn on tex-pdf-mode when it's a beamer

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] turn on tex-pdf-mode when it's a beamer
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:55:30 +0100

* Mehmet Ergun (2008-01-03) writes:

> I have emacs 21.4.1 with beamer.el and auctex on ubuntu 6.04. It seems
> like beamer.el does not turn on the TeX-pdf-mode automatically when the
> document class is beamer (even after parsing it as such). I saw here[1]
> some code that seems relevant, but have no idea how to use it (I have
> next to no experience with emacs).

Put the following stanza into your init file:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (when (member "beamer" (TeX-style-list))
              (TeX-PDF-mode 1))))

Note that this will enable TeX PDF mode only for existing files.  If you
open a new file and insert the documentclass stuff, the mode will not be
updated.  This will happen only after you save the file, close it and
reopen it.