[AUCTeX] adding C-c C-f C-p shortcut for \textipa

From: Roger Levy
Subject: [AUCTeX] adding C-c C-f C-p shortcut for \textipa
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:04:21 -0800

I am a linguist who uses AucTeX and I would like to add a key binding
for C-c C-f C-p that behaves exactly like other C-c C-f * commands
(e.g., C-c C-f C-e for \emph), but introduces the textfont \textipa
(from the tipa package, for the International Phonetic Alphabet). How
would I do this? It looks to me like I need to customize TeX-font-list but I'm not sure the best way to do it (I'd prefer to doing this in my .emacs file directly to using Emacs customization menus).

Many thanks,

Roger Levy

[this is also posted on gnu.emacs.help]

--

Roger Levy                      Email: address@hidden
Assistant Professor             Phone: 858-534-7219