[AUCTeX] Re: Spelling not working in AUCTeX

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Spelling not working in AUCTeX
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:00:20 +0100

I Wrote:
I use Aspell and it works in text mode, but whenever I switch to LaTeX mode, spelling stops working.

I kind of figured it out; Problems still persists, though.
Whenever I load a file in the C partition there is no problem. When I load a file from the D partition ispell is not working in AUCTeX, but does work in other modes.

The C drive contains software. I recently created the D partition for data.

If I load a tex file from the d partition directly from the explorer (i.e. finding it with windows rather than C-X C-F), ispell will not work. AUCTeX is automatically loaded on this file, and declares ispell to be invalid. If I switch to text-mode, ispell will work!
If I start on the C partition, ispell will work in AUCTeX.

The same problem occurs with a minimal, non-fancy dotEmacs file.
I have recently reinstalled Emacsw32 and AUCTeX 11.85.

My PATH is:
c:\tex4ht\bin\win32\;c:\Program Files\MSYS\1.0\bin\;c:\Program Files\SumatraPDF\;c:\Program Files\gs\gs8.60\bin\;c:\Program Files\gs\gs8.60\lib\;c:\Program Files\Emacs\emacs\bin\;c:\Program Files\Aspell\bin\;c:\Program Files\Aspell\lib\aspell-0.60\;c:\cygwin\bin\

and my HOME is C:\
If I switch it to D:\ strange things happens.

Is this a bug in AUCTeX or a in my setup?

Thanks,
Rasmus