Re: [AUCTeX] Command completion

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Command completion
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:26:22 +0000

On 14-02-2008 18:09, Ralf Angeli wrote:

Perhaps some error occurs while starting Emacs or loading a LaTeX file
which prevents the mode from being loaded completely.  You could check
this by putting
(setq debug-on-error t)
as the first line into your init file, restarting Emacs and loading a
LaTeX file.  If there is an error you should get a very visible
backtrace.
I saw nothing. Where should I see any error?, if there is one?

A new window should be opened showing the backtrace.  Under certain
circumstances this does not happen, but if there is an error it should
at least be recorded in the *Messages* buffer.

Anyway, can you reproduce the problem when opening Emacs from the
command line with
emacs -Q -l auctex
?

No. If I do that then M-<TAB> does what it should do. Could there be
something on my .emacs files which causes the problem?

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos