[AUCTeX] Re: MikTex and Auctex 11.85; tex-auto-global and style-path

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: MikTex and Auctex 11.85; tex-auto-global and style-path
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:52:21 +0530

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Does "c:/var/tmp/" exist?

No

> What's the output of
> M-: (file-writable-p "/var/tmp/") <RET>
> ?

> I'm suspecting that "/var/tmp/" exists for Cygwin and when trying to
> write to that directory it gets transposed to "c:/var/tmp/", roughly
> speaking.

That seems to be true. So I checked the cygwin-mount.el document
strings for anything I need to do.  Found nothing and checked the web
for the latest version and installed it.

The problem went away as I am able to create the mail buffer where I
wasn't able to previously.

Strange.  I wonder what else is *only just* working in my .Emacs.  accretions
from all over the web and all that.

Thanks for patiently solving all the issues for me.

 sivaram