Re: [AUCTeX] archive of this list

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] archive of this list
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:25:35 +0200

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 03:16:11PM +0000, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> I wanted to search for the automatic setting of the pdflatex mode, but in
> google groups this list didnot give a hit.

that's because it's not a newsgroup nor a list hosted by google.

> Therefore, could you please point me to the archive.

check the headers of any email you receive through the list. they contain a
link.

> And: how to get pdflatex automatically activated for a given tex-file?

just put the following file-local variable in the relevant tex file:

%%% TeX-PDF-mode: t

(all the way at the bottom, where the other file-local variables
are. that's to say, any tex file created with auctex should contain
several.)

HTH

--
Joost Kremers, PhD