[AUCTeX] Re: entering \[ \] pairs.

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: entering \[ \] pairs.
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 19:36:31 +0200

This is slightly related, so I will not post under a new title.
Generally, people are encouraged to use \[x\] rather than $$x$$ (see e.g. l2tabuen.pdf page 6). However, since the $-function work so well in AUCTeX I never do use \[x\] pairs. Could AUCTeX be set to insert the "proper" LaTeX math indicators (i.e. \(x\) and \[x\])?
Sorry if this has been covered previously.

Maarten Bergvelt wrote:
How do I enter \[ \] pairs such that the cursor ends up in between?

I find the whole business of entering pairs confusing:
For instance, I can enter () pairs using M-(, \left( \right) using \left and macro completion
{} pairs using C-{

Is there a uniform way of entering such pairs?

Any hints appreciated!