[AUCTeX] Re: run makeindex to generate glossary

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: run makeindex to generate glossary
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:00:04 +0000 (UTC)

Am Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:04:55 +0200 schrieb Ralf Angeli:

> Suggesting something like running a command in a terminal window on this
> list borders on hostility.

I am far from any hostility versus auctex and I like this list very much!

But you may know a "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" (hopefully some can nicely
translate that) and many people think emacs is close to that,
unfortunately it can not feed people real food or some better wine.
Whether it induces addiction, I do not know.

AucTeX has become a beautifull part of emacs. I have been using it for
quite some time with much success. However, given the earthen nature of
things, any thing has its limits. And since I do not wish to spent to
much time on something which can be done otherwise with a much reduced
effort, I have this heretic view of using a shell or a makefile for
completion of indices or "texify". Sophistication is not always as handy
as usefullness.

Thanks for AucTeX, but sometimes I will step aside, sorry for that

Bernhard