[AUCTeX] Extra backslash in command.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: [AUCTeX] Extra backslash in command.
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 05:29:17 +0200

I'm working with AucTex 11.84, Emacs 23.0.60.1 and Windows XPSp2.

On a simple LaTex document, when the LaTex command is executed (menu
`Commands', `LaTex') it fails:

Running `LaTeX' on `datetime' with ``pdflatex  -interaction=nonstopmode
"\input" datetime.tex''
warning: extra args ignored after 'pdflatex  -interaction=nonstopmode "\\input'
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.6)
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8j> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation,
spanish, loaded.

! LaTeX Error: There's no line here to end.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

<*> \\i
       nput

Please note the extra backslash, as indirectly pointed by the warning on
the second line, before `input'.

If I execute

pdflatex  -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" datetime.tex

with M-x compile, it works ok and the pdf file is generated.

The only AucTex-related customizations I have are:

 '(tex-dvi-view-command (in-my-apps-dir "TeX/bin/win32/windvi.exe"))
 '(tex-run-command "tex")
 '(tex-shell-file-name "cmd.exe")
 '(latex-run-command "latex")

Why is there that extra backslash? How to fix it?

--
Oscar