Re: [AUCTeX] Three new user questions

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Three new user questions
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:18:23 +0200

* Ista Zahn (2008-06-21) writes:

> 1) Can I get AUCTEX to recognize macros from loaded packages? For
> example, if I use \usepackage{hyperref} can I get AUCTEX to color the
> \href command the same way it does a regular \ref command? If so, how?

Assuming you have parsing enabled as described on the first page of the
AUCTeX manual, you can get AUCTeX from CVS which has support for
hyperref ... since, uh, 5 minutes.

> 2) Can I get RefTEX to recognize custom cite commands when I load a
> package like apacite? In other words, I'd like something like the
> built-in jurabib citation style, with the prompts for which macro to
> enter, but instead of the jurabib ones I want the apacite ones.

RefTeX does not provide support for apacite as for natbib or jurabib
yet.  But you can define your macros by customizing the variable
`reftex-cite-format'.  See (info "(reftex)Citation Styles") and
(info "(reftex)Options (Creating Citations)").

> 3)  I use Sweave a lot, and I want to be able to run Sweave (I have a
> shell script for this) on foo.Rnw, then latex on foo.tex. The problem
> is that if I ask the Sweave script to run latex it tries to run latex
> on foo.Rnw instead of foo.tex. Does anyone know how to make this work
> properly?

How do you call the Sweave script?  Did you add "nw", "Rnw" and "Snw" to
`TeX-file-extensions' and `reftex-file-extensions'?

Frankly I don't have much experience with how AUCTeX has to be set up
for Sweave.  The above I picked up from some discussions on this list.
But since there are some Sweave users who also use AUCTeX perhaps you
get some information by searching the archives of the Sweave mailing
lists or asking there.  Unless some Sweave user lurks on this list and
shares her or his wisdom.