[AUCTeX] Re: Building AUCTeX and the info dir file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Building AUCTeX and the info dir file
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:56:07 +0200

Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
When I build Emacs, the build creates an .../info/dir file. The same happens building AUCTeX. Obviously those file are different. The AUCTeX 'dir' regards only AUCTeX. The risk is that if one installs AUCTeX after installing Emacs, the 'dir' file is overwritten.

So my question is: Is there an automatic method to 'merge' them, creating a single 'dir' (emacs+auctex)?

The alternative being an hand-made merging...

I think I have solved: have just discovered 'install-info'.

Sorry for the noise,

       Angelo.

Cheers,
   Angelo.