[AUCTeX] Master file prompt

From: Dave Cook
Subject: [AUCTeX] Master file prompt
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:31:29 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

Hello Gurus,
I have just updated myself from Fedora Core 4 to Fedora 8 (yes I know that there are later version) and from a rather antique AUCTeX to the latest version.

It works fine: RefTeX and preview show up nicely BUT I cannot get auctex to prompt me for the Master file! Below is my simple .emacs and I have tried inserting

   (load "auctex.el" nil t t)

into this file in case the automatic inclusion in site-lisp.d did not work
but it still does not work - any comments?

;; This is only a vestigial file since most of the
;; setup is done by AUCTeX itself
;;
   (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)  ; for AUCTeX LaTeX mode
;;
   (setq-default TeX-master nil)   ; Query for master File
;;
;;
   (setq TeX-auto-save t)   ; Save style information
;;

Regards,

Dave

Dr. D B Cook