[AUCTeX] TeX-next-error doesn't jump to the error location

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error doesn't jump to the error location
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:33:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Emacs 23 (a current CVS checkout) with AUCTeX-11.85 and
TeXLive-2007.

If there's an error in my document I cannot jump to it with `C-c `'
(`TeX-next-error').  What happens is that my window is split in two
parts.  The first shows an empty buffer "Web2C 7.5.6" and the second
shows the latex error output.

This doesn't happen with all documents.  I found at least one document,
where jumping to the error location works as expected.  Unfortunately, I
cannot find a major difference between them.  Both are one-filers using
scrartcl class with no file local variables set.

I tried edebugging what's going wrong, but I cannot say anymore than
it's somewhere inside `TeX-parse-error' where the difference is.  I
attached two latex output buffers, one where TeX-next-error works and
one where it fails.

If someone wants to look into this, I can send two documents, too, but I
don't want to post them here.

Bye,
Tassilo