[AUCTeX] Re: Deleting generated intermediate files in Emacs+AUCTeX

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Deleting generated intermediate files in Emacs+AUCTeX
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:33:54 +0200

Felipe Csaszar wrote:
Isn't much better to create all the intermediate files in the /tmp
directory?  (so that you never pollute your working directory, and never
need to spend time removing temporary files)

Hi Felipe,
the problem isn't how I delete intermediate files.

As I wrote, "texify --clean of MiKTeX deletes all intermediate files,
also in subdirectories!!!", and 'latexmk -c/CA/... does an excellent
job. Also WinEdt works fine (all in texaux).

I have tried only to flag what I thought a little bug in AUCTeX.

And just for completeness, changing \include with \input solves the thing...

Look at the "-output-directory" option available in most recent
implementations of LaTeX.

...obviously I am using the most recent (and almost daily updated)
version of TeXLive and MiKTeX!

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
Abbiamo visto che la programmazione è un'arte,
perché richiede conoscenza, applicazione, abilità e ingegno,
ma soprattutto per la bellezza degli oggetti che produce.

                         Donald E. Knuth [1973]