[AUCTeX] Configuring LaTeX-fill command

From: Kannan Moudgalya
Subject: [AUCTeX] Configuring LaTeX-fill command
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 08:38:21 +0530

Hi,

I need help in configuring the LaTeX-fill command. I use the align command of amsmath. I want the \intertext command to come on a new line. For example, LaTeX-fill-buffer command produces the following code:

\documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{amsmath}
\begin{document}
\begin{itemize}
\item The following is an example of a DAE system:
 \begin{align*}
   \frac {dx}{dt} = f(x,y) \intertext{This is a differential equation.
     The following is an algebraic equation:} y = g(x,y)
 \end{align*}
\item DAEs are generally more difficult to solve, compared to ODEs.
\end{itemize}
\end{document}

I want the material in the align environment to be formatted as follows:

 \begin{align*}
   \frac {dx}{dt} = f(x,y)
   \intertext{This is a differential equation.  The following is an
     algebraic equation:}
   y = g(x,y)
 \end{align*}

Is it possible?  Thanks.