[AUCTeX] The View command under TeXlive.

From: gerald . jean
Subject: [AUCTeX] The View command under TeXlive.
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:57:38 -0500

Hello,

I have been using Auctex for quite some time under Windows, I use the
MiKTeX distribution of TeX.  I do most of my statistic works on a Linux
box, in the past I have been transfering (ftp) all my stats. output to the
Windows machine and included them in my LaTeX documents.  Lately I have
installed TeXlive on the Linux machine, installation went smooth, I ran the
suggested tests and everything was fine.  Finally I installed Auctex 11.85
on the Linux machine, Emacs 21.3.1 (Emacs is in a system wide directory
where I have no administrative rights and hence I use the version supplied
by the administrator).  I tried to sort of mimic the settings I have under
Windows.  Most everything works as expected.

There is one thing I have a hard time to understand though:  if I latex the
Auctex supplied "circ.tex" file and then run the view command I get in the
mini-buffer:

xdvi  -paper a4 circ.dvi

If I do the same thing (latex and then view) on one of my own file I get:

dvips quick.dvi -o && gv quick.ps

Why is that?  What do I have to do to get the same view command, as the one
for the "circ" file, for all my files?

Thanks for your help,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Planification et Développement des Marchés,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: address@hidden

"In God we trust, all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés
uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez reçu
ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication ( and/or the attachments ) is intended for named recipients
only and may contain privileged or confidential information which is
not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake please
destroy all copies.

Faites bonne impression et imprimez seulement au besoin !
Think green before you print !