[AUCTeX] masterfile with different encodings

From: henry atting
Subject: [AUCTeX] masterfile with different encodings
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:51:52 +0200

I have a tex master file which includes several tex files.
The second last file contains some japanese text, for this reason the
`local variables` look like this:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% coding: euc-japan
%%% mode:latex
%%% TeX-master: "booklet.tex"
%%% End:

This works fine but for the last file I cannot switch to another encoding.
The variable for `coding` is set to utf-8 again:

%%% coding: utf-8

which is ignored, I have to replace the german umlauts with LaTeX code.

Regards
henry