[AUCTeX] Re: masterfile with different encodings

From: henry atting
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: masterfile with different encodings
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 19:47:02 +0200

On Di, Mai 05 2009, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * henry atting (2009-05-05) writes:
>
>> I have a tex master file which includes several tex files.
>> The second last file contains some japanese text, for this reason the
>> `local variables` look like this:
>>
>> %%% Local Variables:
>> %%% coding: euc-japan
>> %%% mode:latex
>> %%% TeX-master: "booklet.tex"
>> %%% End:
>>
>> This works fine but for the last file I cannot switch to another encoding.
>> The variable for `coding` is set to utf-8 again:
>>
>> %%% coding: utf-8
>>
>> which is ignored, I have to replace the german umlauts with LaTeX code.
>
> Since you failed to answer the question and comment I posted in
> de.comp.text.tex as a follow-up to your question, perhaps you could
> provide a minimal example (files and description of steps) to reproduce
> the problem you are seeing.

Sorry I did not notice your follow-up, please excuse.

So here are the files.
The master file:

\documentclass{scrbook}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[ngerman,english]{babel}

\usepackage{CJK}
\usepackage[CJK, overlap]{ruby}
\renewcommand{\rubysep}{-0.2ex}

\begin{document}

 \include{eins}
 \include{zwei}

\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% coding: utf-8
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

file eins.tex with some Japanese Text:

\begin{CJK*}[dnp]{JIS}{min}

是諸法空相.不生不滅.不垢不浄不増不減
\end{CJK*}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% coding: euc-japan
%%% mode:latex
%%% TeX-master: "booklet.tex"
%%% End:

file zwei.tex with german text with umlauts

Maß halten über alles im Äther

%%% Local Variables:
%%% coding: utf-8
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "booklet.tex"
%%% End:

If I run pdflatex on it I get this error message (after `Maß`):

ERROR: Argument of address@hidden has an extra }.

If I change the coding from euc-japan to utf-8 this error appears:

ERROR: Package CJK Error: Invalid character code.

If I replace the umlauts with LaTeX code everything works fine.

henry