[AUCTeX] Re: Make AUCTeX aware a new verbatim environment

From: Leo
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Make AUCTeX aware a new verbatim environment
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 11:53:58 +0100

On 2009-05-05 13:02 +0100, Joost Kremers wrote:
>> Any comments on this question would be much appreciated.
>
> The customisation group LaTeX-environment has an option called "LaTeX
> Verbatim Environments". Perhaps when you add "latex" to the list, you
> get the desired effect? (Haven't tested it, and the doc doesn't say
> exactly what it does. It is also not part of AUCTeX, so perhaps I'm
> way off here...)

Sorry for the late reply.

It looks like there are two related variables:
LaTeX-verbatim-environments     LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local

I ended up defining a local style but it has some problems.

,----
| (TeX-add-style-hook
|  "listings"
|  (lambda ()
|    (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local "ielm")
|    (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local "lisp")
|    (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local "latex")))
`----

When `lisp' or `latex' has an optional argument for example

\begin{lisp}[emph={FIXME},%
  emphstyle=\bfseries\itshape]
FIXME: do something.
\end{lisp}

the font locking is messed up. Things outside the environment are in
verbatim face while things inside are not. Any suggestions on how to fix
this?

Thanks.
--
.: Leo :. [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ] .: I use Emacs :.