RE: [AUCTeX] Hooks for command on region and command on master

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: [AUCTeX] Hooks for command on region and command on master
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 12:36:56 +0200

Could you please tell me which one. Somebody answered to a similar post
on newsgroup fr.comp.text.tex that from Emacs 23.1 there is a PDF viewer
within Emacs. But I do not know how to configure AUCTeX to launch the
corresponding lisp command (I assume that I should use TeX-run-function
as a launcher).

Also, with GSView there is some remaining minor issue. As when you use
expansion %o AUCTeX will pass only the filename without directory, what
happen is that if I have some already open GSView window with other
current directory it will not find the file. So in this case, only the
first time I have to close/open manually.

I could not find which expansion you have to use to get the directory,
the documentation of TeX-expand-list is a bit insufficient, the only
thing that I could understood is that we have the following expansions:

   source file /mydir/foo.tex

   %s : `"foo"'
        => basename of filename without extension or directoryname

   %t : `"foo.tex"'
        => full filename without directory name

   %o : `"foo.pdf"' or `"foo.dvi"' depending on what is on directory
        => output filename

   %f : `"foo.ps"'
        => poscript file

   %d : `"foo.dvi"'
        => dvi file

   %l : `latex' or `pdflatex' according to current mode

   Vincent