Re: [AUCTeX] latex symbols

From: Sergio Roa
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] latex symbols
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:42:40 +0200

Hi David,

David Kastrup wrote:
 > If you edited the expression and saved for future sessions and restarted
Emacs, I would expect that the math menus changed, even if they display
garbage or sqaure boxes.  If they don't change at all, this is likely a
problem with AUCTeX.  Perhaps you need to initialize the variable at the
top of .emacs (not using customize) to make sure it gets activated
before any part of AUCTeX is loaded.

wow, yes! this workaround actually works :) I tested this within my 3 Emacs distributions on my Mac (Aquamacs, Cocoa, Carbon).

cheers,

Sergio.

Personally, I think it is a mistake that we can't change the menus
in-session.  It is probably not too hard to do this and would make it
easier to experiment with the functionality.