[AUCTeX] forcing view with xdvi

From: Matthew Bainbridge
Subject: [AUCTeX] forcing view with xdvi
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:53:27 +0100 (CET)

Dear List,

When I view a document from within emacs using C-c C-c (view), AUCTeX normally uses xdvi. This is very convenient, since am using forward and inverse search, etc.

The problem is when my document uses graphics (for example .eps), AUXTeX instead uses gv:
        dvips foo.dvi -o && gv foo.ps
Is there some way to force AUCTeX to always use xdvi?  I tried adding
%%% TeX-output-view-style: (("^dvi$" "." "xdvi -s 4 -watchfile 1 %dS%d"))
to the end of the file, but there is no effect.

Best,
Matt