[AUCTeX] Invoking dvips with psfrag loaded

From: Sven Nicklas
Subject: [AUCTeX] Invoking dvips with psfrag loaded
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:55:06 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to Auctex/Emacs and I'm trying to invoke dvips/gv when using the psfrag package. I observed a behaviour of Auctex which seems odd to me:

The dvips/gv commands are executed only when I typed "\usepackage{psfrag}" during the present session but not when I load an existing latex file with "\usepackage{psfrag}" already in the preamble. In this case, xdvi is started. In other words, I always have to retype this line in order to start dvips/gv. I don't think that this behaviour is intended...

This happens even when I use the default .emacs file and an almost plain latex-file, e.g.:

\documentclass[a4paper]{scrartcl}
\usepackage{psfrag}

\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

The same with pstricks.

I'm using Auctex 11.84 with Gnu Emacs 22.2.1 under Ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sven