Re: [AUCTeX] AucTeX and Texlive 2009

From: Pierfranco Minsenti
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AucTeX and Texlive 2009
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:53:35 +0100

Hi Guilhelm,

I am not an expert but if I were you I would try the customization of AUCTeX.
In this case I would follow this sequence of operations:

1. launch the command: M-x customize-group
2. RET

3. The line Customize group (default emacs):
appears.
type: auctex
4.RET

5. inside the auctex group select using the mouse: TeX File

6. inside the TeX File group select using the mouse: Tex Macro Global

7. Click on the gray button to Show values were they not visible.

In my case, since I still use TeXLIve 2007 these are the values I find:

INS DEL /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/
INS DEL /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/
INS DEL /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/tex/
INS DEL /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/bibtex/bst/
INS DEL /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/tex/

Probably you will find similar values relating to your TeXLive 2008 installation.

8. Manually correct the 5 paths of the directores in the strings visible in the lines beneath by replacing in the 5 lines the old paths with the paths of the new directories of the TeXLive 2009 installation.
Before doing the correction: it can be safe to copy in a text file the values relating to the 2008 installation, so as to be able to go back to the present situation.

9. At the end: click on the State gray button and select: Save for future sessions.

Hope this is enough and helpful.
Please post a message just to say if you have found this useful and in this case what has been the result.

Best wishes

pierfranco