[AUCTeX] AucTeX Outline Mode

From: Falk Pollok
Subject: [AUCTeX] AucTeX Outline Mode
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:23:16 +0100

Hello everybody,

a) I'm new to Emacs and desperately trying to fold every List-Environment
(nested itemize and enumerate) of my document to be able to navigate to
certain sections as fast as possible. If I enable folding and choose "Hide All
In Buffer", environments are not folded, whereas manual C-c C-o C-o achieves
the desired result, but is extremely tedious in huge files.
I selected environments in the Type List, but this didn't help either. I also
tried Emacs Outlining, which is (from what I understand) at least a close
approximation to what I'm trying to achieve, but this approach failed as well
(I just copied (setq outline-minor-mode-prefix "\C-c\C-o[ tried additional \C-x
- didn't help]") ; to the beginning of my .emacs file as suggested in the
manual). Could you please help me fulfilling the task? Thank you in advance.

b) Since nobody was able to answer this question and I expect you to be highly
sophisticated in LaTeX, please allow me an offtopic question: I also want to
fold parts of text in my final PDF file (and allow it to be dynamically
foldable
and unfoldable). Are there any ways I can achieve this using LaTeX? I can
easily build this functionality in JavaScript and as far as I know PDF is
capable of including JS - If there is no dedicated package for this task, is
there any way to include arbitrary JS into my PDF?
Again thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Shunyata