[AUCTeX] Can't get AUCTeX to work with XEmacs on Windows Vista

From: Dilip Warrier
Subject: [AUCTeX] Can't get AUCTeX to work with XEmacs on Windows Vista
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:39:23 -0500

Hello, I have an installation of XEmacs 21.4.21 on Windows Vista (binary installation from xemacs.org) and a compilation/installation from source code of AUCTeX 11.85 (using msys/MinGW). However, when I open a .tex file (like preview/circ.tex from the AUCTeX source distribution), I do not see the "LaTeX" and "Command" menus expected. In fact, it doesn't look like the AUCTeX mode is being used for the .tex file. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. A screen shot of XEmacs with the .tex file and the result of "M-x describe-mode" is attached.

Thanks,
Dilip.

JPEG image