Re: [AUCTeX] including source specials in auctex 11.86

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] including source specials in auctex 11.86
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:50:33 +0100

2010/3/23 Rainer Thiel <address@hidden>:
> 2010/3/23 Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>:
>> * Rainer Thiel (2010-03-23) writes:
>>
>>> Invoking latex from within auctex,
>>> however, doesn't seem to produce a dvi-file with source specials even
>>> though TeX-source-correlate-mode is active.
>>
>> It probably uses SyncTeX which would be a better way to do source/output
>> correlation because it does not affect the line-breaking in the typeset
>> output.
>>
>> What's the result of `C-h v TeX-source-correlate-method-active <RET>' in
>> a LaTeX buffer?
>
> The result is:
>
> TeX-source-correlate-method-active is a variable defined in `tex.el'.
> Its value is synctex
>
> Documentation:
> Method actually used for forward and inverse search.
>
> [back]

I have set TeX-source-correlate-method to source-specials in the
customization menu:

 '(TeX-source-correlate-method (quote source-specials))

and this seems to set auctex's behaviour to what I was used to in v.
11.85.  Thanks for pointing me to that setting!

For some reason, I can't seem to be able to start a pdf-viewer when
Tex-Pdf mode is enabled, though.  I have set Sumatra in the program
list:

 '(TeX-view-program-list (quote (("SumatraPDF" "SumatraPDF %o"))))

but when trying to customize TeX-view-program-selection, SumatraPDF is
not among the options to be selected in the Value menu(s).

Can anyone help here?

Many thanks

Rainer
--